Saturday, September 20, 2008

What do I Wear?!?

Thought you all might want insight to what I'm thinking tonight as I check over my list of things I wanted to do before our home study. Tonight I've been thinking....what does one wear at a home study?!!! Sounds funny and maybe even petty I know but it is what is on my mind. Where I teach I have to dress professionally(SKIRT OR DRESS) so by 8pm on Monday night I will not want to be wearing that. I would be a bit overdressed I think! But on a normal day I would be in my jammies by then. So nope can't do that either. I do want to appear as though I care about this important visit. So, jeans and a cute top? Khakis? Who knows. I want to be comfortable...and look that way! Men have less to stress about! I don't want to be overly "complete" or too relaxed. The dilemma! Laugh with me....maybe you haven't been dealing with a home study visit but don't we all have those engagements that you just don't know how to dress? Oh well! I'm not nervous or anxious about the actual visit. I am actually very excited. Nate gave a great analogy....this visit is for the social worker to check out how healthy we are much like my OB did when we went for checkups. She won't be measuring my belly and weighing me(THANK GOD!!) but she is going to check us out. Another step closer to our little one! Thank you for praying for the birth mom and for our baby. Please don't stop lifting them both up.

Benjamin is doing great at school! He is writing all kinds of letters and if we spell words for him he can write them too! It's amazing to watch how fast he learns and picks up on things. Where has the time gone? Tonight while watching tv together as a family, I asked him if he wanted a "baby massage." This was something I did with him from the time he was about 3 weeks old. I have always used the same lotion and when I smell it my mind is filled with wonderul memories of rubbing his chubby little legs and arms. I haven't done this in months with him-unfortunately he is usually "Too BUSY" for this kind of thing. Tonight my heart melted when he said yes!!! I thank God for these moments. They are treasures that I hold in my heart and will hold there forever. It's such a two sided coin. I want to see him grow up and then again....I don't......
Before we go to sleep tonight, Nate and I will slip into his room as we do every night to check on him one more time. Tonight he'll smell like our special lotion.....and I'll remember.

1 comment:

Felicia said...

I couldn't sleep tonight and I decided to check in...What a sweet posting! I am crying. I will be praying for everyone. Monday is a big day! I'm so very excited for you all!