Saturday, September 6, 2008

God's Timing

I haven't had the chance to blog in a few days. Grading papers has taken much of my time and of course compiling all of the paperwork for this adoption. We had hoped to get the packet in the mail this week. Things just don't go fast enough for me sometimes and I have to stop and remind myself that this is all in God's timing. I like to get ahead of Him so many times. After Nate had his physical we thought we would have the form completed and send off everything but they had to do a Tuberculosis test which can't be read for a few days. He didn't get to return for the reading until Friday and that pushed us behind "my" schedule. I felt myself getting anxious about this- but why? A few more days is nothing compared to the 4 1/2 years we've been trying to conceive. So, long story short---we'll send off the packet this week. God's timing has always been best and I have been witness to that in so many situations in my life. I do not know why I can't accept this, or at least remember it so I don't put myself through the anxiety and frustration. I have to stop and laugh at myself because it is ridiculous and I guess just another curse from the FALL. A friend and I joke that before we get into heaven we are going to call Eve outside the pearly gates and have a "talk" with her. There sure are a few things I would like to say to her!! I say all of that in jest.....

God help me when I can't get over my "PLAN" to see YOURS!!!
To those of you who have been so faithful to pray for us, please continue to pray for the birthmother: her health, her salvation, her emotional well-being, her decision making, and this precious baby---our gift from GOD

No comments: