Tuesday, March 17, 2009

the big 5

My little baby is five years old!!!!! It is so hard to believe that 5 years ago today we brought Benjamin home after a 3 day extra stay in the NICU. I remember that day he was finally "ours" and we were completely responsible for him. It was incredible! Today, 5 years later, it is more than awesome. I am the most blessed mom in the world. I am proud of the young man he is becoming and I'm looking forward to getting away with my family over spring break. We thought we might have had our new baby by this point so we had made tentative arrangements for our vacation with a little one but it looks as though it will be the 3 of us. This may be the last family vacation the way we are now. That's something to think about. I have learned or maybe I am still learning that I should soak in the now and while it is good to look ahead to the future and plan and dream that I should not get so lost in the future that I miss how great the present is! It is priceless!
Please keep praying for our baby, the birthmother, that she will choose life for her baby and that she will choose us to raise this precious child. (Also pray that it happens very soon!!!)

No comments: