Saturday, October 25, 2008

Updates

Hi everyone! I wanted to update you on our progress. We have completed everything required of us and we are now just waiting on a mom to choose us. We have made decisions, picked names, chosen nursery themes.....we are ready for her to select us. I am currently putting together a more detailed profile book to send to the agency so they can present us to the moms they are working with. It's coming together nicely so I think the mom will be able to catch at least a glimpse of what our lives are like and how her child will fit into our family. I am looking forward to seeing our sweet baby! On Thursday we had a multi-baby shower for some of my colleagues who are expecting. There were also some newborns on hand and of course I snagged one to snuggle! I love smelling baby heads!!! Call me crazy! As I held my friend's 10 week old son, who is incredibly adorable, I felt that same longing I get for a baby. It was therapeutic in a way to hold this perfect little creation. Thank you God for babies. That afternoon I had a doctors appointment, where once again I had to hear that things for me healthwise were not so great. I haven't had a cycle since July 27th. It is difficult even in the midst of our joy in this adoption, when I have to face the reality of infertility. We had to discuss what next step to take to try to regulate cycles for me. I got home, and failed to remain strong, and broke down in tears. It is real. There are days that I am sad because the longing to bear children still exists. Adoption has never been the plan to fall back on when everything else failed so we are extremely excited about that. But there are days when Satan tries very hard to tell me I fail. So I cried for a bit.... I was sad.....BUT God is there to give us strength when we are weary. I am victorious against that enemy and even though I will not become pregnant with our next baby I AM GOING TO BE A MOM AGAIN!!!! Nate has actually been preaching about ABBA father. He chose us to be adopted into His family. We are choosing a baby AND someone else is choosing me to be that child's MOM. What a calling on my life! I have so much to be thankful for------and Satan, you are DEFEATED!!!
Please pray for the birthmom and for our baby. She has a very difficult decision to make. Also, pray for Amazing Grace Adoption Agency. They are ministering to these ladies as they make this journey. Thanks for walking with us and for praying.

No comments: