Saturday, October 11, 2008

Another week has flown by!

Just as the title of this blog says, another week has flown by. I had a short school week due to celebrating ACSI Accreditation with my fellow teachers. We drove down to Greensboro on Thursday evening and accepted the presentation of license on Friday. It was fun to be away from the classroom for a day.
This week has been slow on the adoption front. The only progress this week has been that I have been finishing these classes that we are required to take. One in particular has been the Conspicuous Family class. It was very helpful, especially because we are likely to be just that, a conspicuous family. Nate and I each have to log 10 hours of course work towards this adoption. While not difficult and, by no means, college type credit hours it is time consuming and leads to good discussion. I have been forced to examine some of my ideals and to think about my responses when others comment about our baby or question if he/she is "REALLY" mine. WOW. Yep, this baby is going to be really ours. It's hard to imagine answering any other way. I have been adopted by my heavenly Father. I am really HIS!!!
As you have been reading about our journey and are catching a glimpse of what I'm thinking and doing, ask yourself.....are you really HIS?

Please pray for the birthmother and our baby. We meet again for the last time with our social worker on Thursday. She will interview Nate and I separately and then we won't see her again until after we have the baby home. Once we have this last meeting we wait for our baby. My heart is ready!

No comments: