Tuesday, August 12, 2008

School's In

Well, it's that time again. It's so hard to believe that I am about to start a brand new school year again. While there have been some changes this year from last year, many things are still the same. I will once again be teaching 5th grade-which I love. I'm thrilled to have a smaller class size-only 15! Benjamin will be at school with me this year. We've had so much fun getting him ready for Preschool. I think it was more fun for me to go buy his school supplies than it was for him, although he was very excited about getting a backpack! I remember those days of getting just the right items. I look at him and can't believe he is old enough to be starting school like this but he is. Nate and I are anticipating a great year for him and are praying for his teacher and his relationships that he forms in his class. Foundations are so important and we want him to have a love for learning.
After a great week at our church's Kids Krusade (VBS with a twist), Benjamin has started asking questions about baptism and is wanting to talk more about Jesus on the cross. He told us that Jesus is in our hearts. He's definitely gaining more understanding and Nate and I can't wait for him to ask Jesus into his heart. He amazed us when he said that if another kid falls on the playground he will stop and pray for them. Children at Breakthrough are getting it! Their faith will far surpass ours!

No comments: